Friday, October 16, 2009

A Blog for my Babies

At the suggestion of Danielle, I decided to finally start a blog for Nathan (and his little brother/sister coming at the end of May!) And as cute as the Wordpress layouts are... I decided to stick with Blogger so I can have everything in one place.

Nate was 4 1/2 months old yesterday, and he's getting to be such a big boy! When I hold him, I can't believe he was the little baby all swaddled up that we brought home from the hospital. He's almost doubled his birth weight (he was 9lb 7oz at birth - he's over 18lb now!) and if height as an infant means anything, he's going to be taller than his Daddy when he grows up. At his last checkup, a month ago, he was at the 95% for both height and weight.

Writing a first blog entry is always hard for me. So I think I'll just give some "Nate stats."

**********

Name: Nathan Patrick, but goes by "Nate" 95% of the time, unless we're calling his name and trying to get his attention. He responds to "Nathan" better.

Age: 4 1/2 months old

Likes: dogs, other people, applesauce and bananas, baths, being outside, his pacifier, chewing on his hands, grabbing his feet, rolling over, the taste of medicine, attention, being sung to, any kind of music

Dislikes: sleeping, laying on his back, being in his carseat, rice cereal, having a dirty diaper, sleeping

Longest vacation: Colorado at 4 months old.
Favorite part: being in the backpack on Daddy's back during hikes
Least favorite part: the train ride up to Pike's Peak when he blew out his diaper and he had to be changed in front of all the passengers since there was no bathroom on the train.

Best Trait: Very friendly, even to strangers.

What he's doing at this moment: Sitting in his high chair next to me. He just lifted his leg up in the air and I see that he has poop all over his pants. What a way to start the day!

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment